Ipsy May 2014 Glam Bag

Fresh Picks

I should have started this review earlier, since I've received this month's glam bag a few days ago to be honest. Finals are coming up and I am having some exams before ending this semester, sorry about that. Hopefully everybody else is studying hard! :3

Like last month, I received my glam bag in a flashy, bright pink package. I love it!
The theme for May is "Fresh Picks" and here is what I received:

Isn't the bag cute? I'm in love!

To be honest I was pretty upset when I checked my Glam Room in order to find out that I won't be receiving the Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer. A matte bronzer? How awesome is that? Most bronzers I see are always pumped up with so much glitter. Oh well, I might just buy this product at my next Sephora visit.

First of all I really needed an eyelash curler since my lashes don't "wing" at all. There is nothing else to say that I was happy to receive this item, I enjoyed it a lot. It does exactly what it's supposed to be, curl my flat but longer lashes.

Another thing I was happy about is the sunscreen which has a SPF of 50! Awesome for people like me who are extremely sensitive towards the sun (sounds crazy, right?). Most products only contain a SPF of 15 or 20 maybe, which is if they contain some protection against the UVB rays. This is a great product - unlike other sunscreens this is pretty close to a moisturizer and doesn't contain this famous strong sunscreen smell. And perfect size to keep in your bag, too! I am using it on a daily basis since the day I received it.

Lucky me did receive a much-needed concealer in my shade. My tarte one is almost empty. I just checked their website and actually, this is a pretty interesting product. I know it was a multi-purpose concealer, but I didn't know that it has healing ingredients in it. According to the website it "contains aloe, chamomile, green tea, tea tree oil and vitamin E". My only wish is for this concealer to provide more coverage. I would consider it to cover light to medium spots. And here I thought a camouflage is supposed to be a heavy-coverage product. Besides that, I'm pretty satisfied with the concealer.

Now talking about the therapy session hair mask... I don't want to give it a rushed review. I'm still a little undecided about this product. It's says hair mask, but it is more of a conditioner I would say. It smells pretty awesome and my hair feels oh-so-soft while conditioning my hair with it, but I didn't notice anything outstanding yet. Probably I'm just comparing it to all the other hair masks I have standing in the shower right now so I am a little bit overwhelmed to be honest.

Last but not least, let's talk about the mineral eyeshadow duo from Pacifica. I have this little obsession with collection different kinds of eyeshadows from different brands right now because I didn't experiment much with eyeshadows in my life yet. And I never had the chance to play around with mineral shadows either so I was looking forward to receive the pretty-looking color duo.

I tried to swatch it, I really did but it just didn't show hence no picture. No matter how much I tried and digged my eyeshadow brush into it, it didn't pick up the color - there was only a pink shimmer to it. The right shadow is similar compared the lighter shade - poor pigmentation. I honestly don't know what to do with this duo, maybe I should give it another shot with a damp brush next time. Disappointing!

Click here if you want to subscribe to ipsy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment