Lush Haul - Brazened Honey Fresh Face Mask Review

Spring Break's over! 

What did you do during your spring break? I basically just wasted my time by staying in bed or doing unimportant things. Though I really needed this vacation! One of the things I did was shop a little on 34th Street, and I can't just pass by Lush Cosmetics without restocking my obsession with their products.


So what happened is that I asked the person who was helping me out for a cleanser which could reduce the whitehead farm on my forehead. I used Dark Angels before and I didn't like it at all. It's a pretty messy product which used to leave a dark, oily residue on my face and that's coming from a person with super-dry skin. 

After I finished complaining to her, she tells me that actually I was using it the wrong way (yikes!). But oh well, I still don't believe that the Dark Angels cleanser was anything for me. She recommended me
Herbalism, a cleanser for troubled skin. But as lucky as I am, they didn't have it in store that day.

Starting to look disappointed with a pouting lip, she recommended me to try out the Brazened Honey Fresh Face Mask which she took out from a little refrigerator in the store. I also asked for a sample of one of the other cleansers because of the bad experience I had with my first purchased cleanser.


Of course I couldn't wait to try this mask out! It was actually one of the first things I did when I returned back home. The nice lady told me that they're approximately 5-6 masks inside if I'm not mistaken, and you can use it up to twice a week.
Notice: The mask last for only one month (that's the side effect of buying a fresh product I guess).


On one hand, I really dislike the smell. It's a strong and funny-smelling smell. I can't even describe it. Probably it's because I'm not a big fan of honey, then again it doesn't smell like honey to me. But I'm sure I'm the only person with this opinion. I've also read that a lot of users are complaining about a burning sensation they get when applying it. Surprisingly, it didn't burn on my face even though I have super sensitive skin. Another thing which bothered me was it was a little difficult to spread.


On the other hand, I never applied a cold face mask and I love it so much, I am considering putting all the other face masks which are laying around in the refrigerator. What I found to be awesome is that it dries pretty quick which isn't the case for all the other face masks I tried out before. Anyways, you're supposed to remove it before it completely dries.

After washing it off, it actually felt like I used an exfoliator and not a mask. Another thing that happened which most of you are probably going to hate is that suddenly, within thirty minutes, I had two tiny but new whiteheads on my face that I easily took care of. Best surprise was when I finally removed a really stubborn and ingrown pimple next to my hairline with no ease, which I started to believe is no pimple anymore. 

I am not sure if I will repurchase this mask again. Don't get me wrong, I do like this mask but since I like to try out new things I think next time I might try another one. I looked around their website and really liked the Catastrophe Cosmetic, Oatifix or the BB Seaweed masks. Who knows, maybe I'll pick one of these next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment